How To Remove or Disable Glance Screen Permanently On Any Phone?
Whether you have said it out loud or not, the glance screen takes away all the fun from your favorite wallpaper or a memory close to your heart from your lock screen by continually shuffling wallpapers filled with adverts. Most users hate this feature, and it does not stop bothering with this only. If you have a limited internet budget, the glance screen can dent your internet quota by sucking in a good amount of data. So, if the glance screen is such an irritating feature, why not get rid of it once and for all? If you are wondering how to remove glance from lock screen, this blog got you covered.
Here are three effective ways to disable or remove the glance screen feature permanently on every Android phone.
Glance Screen on Android Phones Explained
Glance screen on your android phone is an overlay that is present on the top of your system’s lock screen, that offers changing wallpapers of some unnecessary advert every time you lock or unlock your phone. Though the feature might look captivating on face, almost all the manufacturers use it to bring promotional advertisements straight to your lock screen.
Different brands use differing names for this feature such as:
- Realme devices running Realme UI: Lock Screen Magazine
- Samsung devices running One UI: Glance
- iQOOVivo devices running FunTouchOS: Lockscreen Poster
Why Disabling Glance Screen is a Better Option?
The glance screen feature might look cool initially, but it comes with a long list of cons like:
- Data Wastage – The frequent change of lock screen wallpapers waste a good amount of mobile data.
- Results in Lags and Shutters – Apart from mobile data, it also eats up significant RAM space, and often leads to lags and shutters.
- Irritating and Irrelevant – The ads are often irrelevant and majorly irritating.
- Wastes Device Storage – It also wastes a lot of vital mobile storage space as the constant changing wallpapers add to the device’s cache files.
How to remove glance from lock screen?
After understanding the disadvantages of having a glance screen, it is now time to see the steps that will help you in disabling this feature.
Disable Glance Screen from the Settings of your device
The easiest way to get rid of this annoying feature is by turning it off from the Settings application in your device. Follow the following steps to do this:
Xiaomi / Redmi / POCO Devices
- Go to setting and tap on lockscreen
- Under the lock screen section, tap on the Glance for Mi, and turn off the toggle to disable it.
- Go to Setting and tap on the Wallpaper and Style option
- Now, tap on the Lockscreen Wallpaper Services, and set it to None option
Vivo / iQOD Devices
- Go to Settings, and tap on Lock Screen and Wallpaper
- Now, click on Lock Screen Settings, and press the Lock screen poster option
- Now, switch the toggle off for Lock Screen Poster Wallpaper
Oppo / Realme Devices
- Go to Settings, and tap the Home Screen and Lock Screen Magazine option
- Now, tap the Lockscreen Magazine option, and turn the toggle off
How to Remove Glance from Lock Screen permanently?
If you want to permanently disable or remove this feature, revoke all the application-associated permission to change wallpapers on your lockscreen. This will help you in getting rid of all the unnecessary pop ups that bother you every time you lock or unlock your device.
Doing this is simple, just follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings and Tap on Apps
- Now go to the Manage Apps option, and go to the Wallpaper Carousel app
- Click on the Other Permissions option
- Now, press Deny and revoke all the permissions
- Also, turn off the Auto-Start toggle to prevent the wallpaper carousel app from starting automatically
How to Uninstall the Wallpaper Carousel Application to avoid Glance Screen Updates?
- Go to Settings, and search Wallpaper Carousel App in the list of installed applications
- Now, tap on the uninstall button, to get rid of it from your android device
Having advertisements pop on your lock screen every time you lock or unlock your android device is irritating, and this blog will answer your question – how to remove glance from lock screen.