Use the Instagram Restrict option to avoid CyberbulliesOctober 25, 2021
If you are also troubled by unwanted messages and comments in your post or profile then the instagram restrict feature is good for you. By doing this you can avoid cyberbullies or social haters from your post.
Did you know about the restrict feature on instagram? If not then I will tell you.
Instagram restrict feature is the same as block feature but these two are completely different block features that fully block whoever you want. But restrict features work to hide that abusive or hateful message from your profile. So that no one else can see it.
Now there are fans of some big person or celebrity but there are haters as well. And they do some positive or negative comments on their posts.
And profile owners can’t tolerate this type of misbehaving. So Instagram has created this new feature keeping this in mind so that we can protect our posts from negative comments or cyberbullies.
What is instagram restrict means?
By doing the instagram restrict feature, the person can’t see your live status means you are active or not. Or you read their comments or not.
When a restricted person comments on your post only you will see their comments by tapping see comments. And if you want others can also see or read that comment. Then you have to approve that comment by simply clicking on the approve button.
You can also tap on the delete or ignore it option to avoid this comment.
Also Read:- How to Delete Instagram Account
How to do restrict a user on instagram in different ways?
Facebook, the owner of Instagram, has launched this feature keeping in mind the abusive and unwanted messages so that people do not get dirty comments in others’ posts.
By the way, there are four ways to restrict a person on Instagram:-
#1 instagram restrict by profile method
You can apply restrictions to any person through their profile just follow the steps:-
- Open your Instagram account.
- Then go to their profile by searching method and then click on ( … ) on the upper right corner.
- After clicking on it a popup appeared then you see a third option restrict click on it.
Then done, a popup appeared who tell you the profile is restricted.
#2 instagram restrict by messages method
You can apply restrictions to any person through messages just follow the steps:-
- Click on the message icon on the top right corner.
- Then choose the person in the chat you want to restrict that person.
- Tap on the … ( three dots ) on their profile and see the third option: restrict click on them and boom the person doesn’t see your latest post or not do any further activity.
#3 instagram restrict by comments method
You can apply restrictions to any person through comments just follow the steps:-
- Go to your post and click on the view all comments option.
- If you are an iPhone user then swipe left the comment or the android user holds the comments you want to restrict the person.
- After holding the comment for a few seconds an icon appeared on the upper right corner downside i icon click on them.
- And then click on restrict the person has been restricted.
Listen to that if you restrict the person’s profile. And after he or she will comment on your profile.
The user comment is not seen by others. First, you want to approve that comment to show in your post. You can also delete the comment if it’s your choice.
One more point to listen to if you restrict any person you can’t receive any notification or future comments.
#4 instagram restrict by the setting method
- Go to your account and click on your profile option.
- Then click on the menu button on the top right corner and click on the setting option.
- After clicking, then again click on the privacy option.
- Slowly scroll down and in the last option restrict accounts in connections.
- click on it, and a search bar appears to search the user and see the restrict option click on it and done.
Steps to remove instagram restriction from any profiles
To remove a restriction on any profile follow the same process for unrestricting the user.
What happens when anyone restrict someone on instagram
Points to be noted when restricting someone on instagram first is the user can’t notify when you upload and post. And the second is the user won’t know that you take this type of decision.
When a restricted person comment on your post first you have to approve it then others will see the comment. In simple language Restricted person comments are not public or activity is private.
Instagram restrict vs blocked: Short points?
Restricted – Restricted users follow your account as well as see your post as always. But if restricted users comment on your post first they get approval.
Blocked – Blocked users can’t see your post, stories, or reels means users will not connect with you.
Restricted – Restricted users interact with your profile means the user will like, dislike or comment on your post.
Blocked – Block users can’t interact with your profile like he or they will not like, dislike or comment on your post.
Where do I see my restricted user message?
To see the restricted user message go to your post and click on comments. Then click on see comment options and you see restricted user messages. If you are happy or satisfied with the comments then tap on the approve option otherwise ignore it or delete it.
What are the ways to block someone on instagram?
If you finally decide that you want to block someone then it’s plenty simple just follow the steps to block someone. By the way, there are two ways to block someone’s read-down points.
Block someone through comments
This is the easiest way to block someone. just go to any post and hold the comment of the user you want to block, then click on the small i button on the top right corner and press it. Then click on the block ( username ) you want to block then done the user has been blocked.
In iPhone simply slide the comment and click on the block it’s done.
Block someone through the profile
- Another way to block someone is through the profile to follow the steps.
- Go to your account and search for the user you want to block
- Then click on the…( three-dot ) option on the top right corner and a select block from the popup menu.
- Again top on the block option to block the user and it’s done.
Easily Unblock someone on instagram
- For unblocking someone easily on Instagram follow the steps as down below:
- Click on the menu( horizontal lines) on the top right corner.
- And then click on setting and then privacy.
- See an option blocked account simply click on them and a list appears of blocked accounts.
- Click on unblock you want to unblock that person and do the user has been unblocked.
Can a blocked or restricted person tag or mention us in a post?
If you are thinking that a blocked or restricted person can tag you or mention you in a post then it’s yes. Blocked or restricted users tag you or mention you in their post but the difference is you will not be notified or see the tags of the blocked users. But in other cases, you will notice when restricted users tag you.