How to update iPhone? Troubleshoot any update issue.
We all wait for new updates on our smartphones because when the update releases, we get new features like security updates, amazing features, new modes, performance enhancements, bug fixes and many more. And after updating, we use these features and again wait for a new update to be released. Oh, did you update your iOS to the latest iOS 15 version? Mostly when Apple releases a new update they introduce many new things or features. So why do we miss updating our iPhones? If you don’t know how to update iPhone then don’t worry. This is our topic for today, where we will cover many topics about the iPhone update.
So let’s check what we cover on our today’s topic –
- How to Update iPhone automatically?
- How to Update iPhone manually?
- How to Update iPhone through Mac? and,
- What to do when an iPhone is not updating properly or showing some errors?
Table of Contents
How to Update iPhone manually?
Before updating your iPhone to a new version, check your internet connectivity first. Wifi is required to update your iPhone because the mobile data speed is low and you have to wait for a long time if you get a big update. And If your iPhone battery is low then charge your phone first before updating because if your iPhone battery is low then you won’t be able to update your iPhone. Keeping all these in mind, let’s see the updating process of how to update iPhone automatically:
- Open your Setting app. (If you can’t find it just search it).
- Then tap on the General option, upper to the Control Center option.
- Tap on the Software Update option. (It takes some time to check for available updates).
- If available then tap on Download and install option to download your latest iPhone update.
- Then it will ask you to enter your iPhone Passcode. (This is the same passcode that you used to unlock your device).
- After entering your passcode, if you want to read the terms & conditions then read it otherwise tap on Agree.
- And then again tap on Agree and wait for downloading the update or restart the device.
- And again tap on Agree and wait for the update download to download and let the device restart again.
If you want that whenever a new update is released, it will be updated automatically then you have to enable automatic updates. Let’s see in-depth how to update iPhone automatically.
How to Update iPhone automatically?
To update your iPhone automatically whenever a new update comes then it’s pretty simple. Just follow the steps down below to know how to update iPhone automatically.
- Open your Setting app.
- Then tap on the General option, upper to the Control Center option.
- Tap on the Software Update option.
- And then tap on the automatic updates.
- Here, enable both radio buttons to download any future updates and install them automatically.
The first radio button is for Download iOS updates automatically and the,
The second radio button works to install the updates automatically when the download process is done.
By enabling automatic updates, your iPhone updates automatically and installs it. But maybe you won’t update your iPhone through settings then you have another option to update your iPhone and that is, to update your iPhone through Mac. Let’s check out how to do it.
How to Update iPhone from Mac?
If you can’t update your iPhone through your settings then don’t lose hope. We have another way to update your iPhone. And the way is to update your iPhone through Mac.
Yes, to update your iPhone without settings it’s necessary you have a Mac device. If you have, then follow the steps to know how to update iPhone through Mac easily.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac with the help of a USB cable.
- Then, click on the Half-blue or grey-faced icon on your dock and the other way is to press the Command + N keys on your keyboard at the same time after clicking on any empty space to open a Finder window.
- Now you see your iPhone on your Mac under location if you can’t see then scroll down to the bottom of the sidebar. (If you connected your iPhone to Mac for the first time then you have to click on the Trust option to trust this device and you have to write your iPhone passcode again).
- Then click on the General tab and then click on Check for updates, it will check if any update is available or not. If yes then you can download it easily. But make sure your internet connection speed is high.
Note: Make sure when you update your iPhone it will connect to the Mac the entire time until the update is finished.
How to Update iPhone on PC?
To update the iPhone from a PC follow the steps below:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer with the help of a USB cable.
- Open iTunes.
- Click continue & trust If you face a message asking you to allow the computer to your iPhone.
- On iTunes, click on the library and then click on the iPhone icon on the left side of the toolbar.
- Now click Check for update, and If an update is available then download and install it.
Why wont my iphone update?
If you failing to update your iOS then there are a few reasons which prevent ios updates from happening such as:
Check your iPhone is compatible
Before updating your iPhone device check if it’s compatible with an update or not. The latest iOS 15 update is released only for the iPhone 6s or later. And if you are an iPhone SE user then you can also update your device. If you are using an iPhone 5s or later then sorry to say that you are out of luck.
Your internet connection – network update iphone
If you are facing some error like “Unable to check for update” or “Unable to verify update” then it’s a sign that your wifi connection is not strong enough to download your iOS update. Try to change your internet connectivity or try again after some time to resolve the network update iPhone.
Make sure you have enough storage space
To update your iPhone device it’s required to have enough storage space to successfully update to a new version. iOS 15 will take 3.24 GB of storage space to install. But you have to clear your storage approx 5 GB if you want to install updates without facing any problems.
To check the currently available space of your phone is, open your iPhone Settings, tap on General and then tap on iPhone Storage. Here you check your storage, how much space is free and how much space is full.
Your battery is low
If you are updating your iPhone and your iPhone battery is below 50% then you can’t update your iPhone. Because to update your iPhone you have at least 50% battery charged. If your iPhone battery is low then charge it and then again try to update.
Reset your iPhone
If you tried all the methods and nothing can’t happen then the last way is to reset your iPhone. And after resetting your iPhone reinstall your iOS update.
Turn off your device
Sometimes when we update our device nothing happens. When we face any kind of problem then the simplest way to fix the problem is to turn off the iPhone. After turning it off, turn it back on and see if your problem is solved or not.
Camera not working
Sometimes our camera not working properly after updating the iPhone device. Many iPhone users have faced this problem. Many users say that this happened after updating our iPhones.
Now you know how to update your iPhone and you can easily update your iPhone to the latest version. If you have a better internet connection then choose automatic updates on your iPhone device this is my point of view because It is good if the update is small or big it gets downloaded by itself. But choose as you like. If anyone is facing any kind of problem while updating their iPhone then just use screen record to record your problem and send it to our email id. We will definitely help you as soon as possible. You can also take apple’s support to resolve your query.
How to fix unable to check for update iPhone problem?
If you are facing this problem “unable to check for update iPhone” then this will be caused by the internet problem. Your internet connectivity is slow, that’s why you are facing this.
How long does it take to update iPhone?
Depends on your WiFi connection and Internet connectivity. If you are updating your iPhone from a mobile network then this may take some time. And if you are using wifi then it will be fast but again it depends on your internet speed.
Why won’t my phone update to ios 15?
Your phone is not updating to ios 15 because your internet connection is slow, your battery is low, and You don’t have space to update. Updating to iOS 15 requires 3.24GB of storage.