How to Reply to a Message on Instagram? Read on to know more.
The world has moved on from peeping from balconies and trying to overhear a conversation at public places, to cheekily sliding into other’s DMs. However, we cannot deny the fact that Instagram messaging has made our lives easy, especially for introverts. People who shied away even after spotting their crush, are now without any hesitation messaging their exes, crushes, and celebrities all at the same time. What a shame will it be, in this era of social media, that you do not know how to reply to a message on Instagram?
However, you need not jump from articles to tutorials making your plight evident, as, in this blog, we highlight how to reply to a message on Instagram as well as other salient features in the Instagram messaging section.
Moreover, as Facebook is integrating Messenger and Instagram with cross-app messaging between these two, things are getting more interesting. The Instagram DM interface is being revamped, and now has features like custom emoji reactions, selfie stickers, message replies, forwarding, vanish mode, colorful chat themes, animated message effects, and Messenger’s one of the most loved – watch together feature. Amongst all these features, Instagram users consider replying to a specific message feature as the most useful.
That being said, let’s dive deep and understand Instagram DM better.
Also Read – How to promote your Instagram page for free?
How to Reply to a Message on Instagram?
The ‘Swipe to Reply to Message’ feature on Instagram works in tandem with Messenger and WhatsApp. This feature allows you to directly reply to a particular message in a group or an individual chat. This feature makes having long meaningful conversations easier thanks to its quoted replies.
When you reply to a message on DM, the reply has the original message quoted making it convenient for the receiver to understand which exact message, the sender has replied to. Alongside text messages, you can also reply to an individual photo, video, sticker, emoji, GIF, and voice message.
There are two ways to reply to a message on Instagram:
- Tap the messenger icon at the top-right corner of the Instagram Home tab.
- Open a group or an individual chat you want to reply to.
- Now, long press the message you want to reply to, and tap the Reply button situated at the bottom-left.
- Type your reply, and tap Send.
You have successfully replied to an individual or a group message on Instagram.
If you are looking for some other way to do so, then that can also be done. Follow these simple steps and you are sorted:
Just swipe right on any message that you wish to respond to in a quicker way. In case, you want to quote a message you had sent and respond to it, you can do that by swiping left on that message. If you notice, this is exactly like the reply feature on Messenger.
How to Reply to Instagram Messages on PC?
You can easily respond to a specific message on Instagram from the desktop website as well.
Follow these steps to do so:
- Open Instagram Messenger on your PC or you can also log in to Instagram.com/direct/inbox.
- Next, go to the individual or group chat where you want to respond to a specific message.
- Hover the cursor over the particular message to see the options.
- Click on the Reply button, type your reply, and hit enter.
Get the New Instagram Messenger update
You can find a new update within the Instagram app to get the new Instagram messaging features. As the update is available, the top of your Instagram timeline will show the ‘’Introducing Cross-App Messaging’’ popup. Open it and click on update to get Facebook Messenger features on Instagram DMs. However, as you get the new interface for Instagram DM, the old version will no longer be available for you.
In case, you accidentally dismiss the update notification, then follow these steps:
- Reach Instagram settings.
- Click on the option at the top that reads ‘Update Messaging’.
- Click on ‘’Update’’ on the page that reads ‘’There is a new way to message on Instagram’’.
- As your Instagram Messenger is updated, the DM icon situated at the top right of the app will be replaced by a Messenger icon.
We understand how important social media is, and often bring out articles that help you in staying ahead with your social media game. There are two easy answers to the question you asked – how to reply to a message on Instagram?