Way to Remove Google Account on Android?
Irrespective of the fact that having an active Google account on every smart device is vital, there might arise situations when you need to remove the same from any of these devices. This blog highlights how to remove google account on Android in the simplest ways.
How to Remove Google Account on Android Easily?
When you follow the right steps to remove a Gmail account from an Android gadget, the account is not completely deleted, and you can use the account again in case your mind changes without losing any data from this account.
Here we have mentioned some easy steps to answer your question – how to remove google account from phone. These steps apply to all android devices from every brand, though, there might be a slight difference between the options and menus across.
The steps to be followed are as follows:
- Click on the Settings of your phone.
- Go to Accounts.
- Choose the Gmail account you want to remove.
- Click on Remove Account.
- Confirm by tapping on Remove Account clickable.
Also Read – How to Delete Google Account?
Steps to Not Remove Gmail but Stop Emails
There might be a possibility that you need your Google account in the android device, but do not want to receive emails. In this case, you need not altogether remove the Google account, but you can stop receiving emails in a few simple steps.
- If you utilize a third-party email app, turn off Gmail notifications, or turn off syncing for Gmail.
- Tap on Settings and open accounts, or users and accounts in case of some devices.
- Tap on the Gmail account.
- Now click on Sync Account.
- Scroll through Gmail and tap the toggle near to it and disable Gmail from syncing to your device. In some gadgets, this is called Setting Sync Gmail.
Ways to Turn Off Gmail Notifications
In case, when you do not want to remove your Google account from your android device, receive Gmail messages, but do not want to get new mail alerts, here are the steps you should follow:
- Go to the Gmail app and tap the three horizontal lines situated in the upper-left corner.
- Scroll down and tap on Settings.
- Tap the account you want to stop receiving new email alerts.
- Select Notifications.
- Click on Turn Off Notifications.
Common Problems while Removing a Google Account from an Android Device
For a majority of android devices, these instructions work perfectly fine, however, some might still run into a few problems such as:
1. On getting to step four, in some devices, you might need to click the Overflow Menu Icon to reach the option to remove accounts.
2. In case, you are facing issues in removing the primary Gmail account (this is the account that you used to first set up your phone), add a new Gmail account, make it your primary account and then delete the unwanted Google account.
3. If the above-mentioned steps also fail to help you, perform a factory reset. However, before doing this, ensure to back up your phone, as this reset will remove all your data.
Also Read – How to Set Up your Google Business Profile?
All the steps mentioned here will perfectly answer your question of How to Remove Google Account from any Android gadget.