How To Factory Reset the Dell Laptop
Almost all devices allow users to reset them (restore the device to factory settings). A factory reset becomes a trump card when people run into problems they can’t solve. Yes, you can easily factory reset a phone or computer when necessary. By going deeper into the article, you will get to know how to factory reset a Dell laptop?
What exactly does “factory reset” mean? Restoring your Dell laptop to its factory settings will remove all saved data and reset any previously saved settings. So, before proceeding with the reset, make a backup of all of the files you want to save. Resetting the laptop can fix some software problems and even remove viruses. But, if you know the procedure, you can potentially lose your files.
Before you begin, keep in mind that restoring your computer to its factory settings will wipe out all data on the C drive.
How to Factory Reset the Dell Laptop?
What exactly does factory reset imply? You can backup and restore data with Dell Backup and Recovery software. Follow all of the procedures carefully, and your Dell laptop will be factory reset in minutes. Dell laptop computers, notably the Inspiron series, include a system restore application known as Dell Symantec System Restore. This program is effectively a partition on your hard drive that stores your computer’s factory settings. This application is helpful since you do not need to use the Windows starter CD to restore your machine. Instead, you can use the application to restore your Dell Inspiron by loading it when the computer boots up.
Factory Reset Dell Laptop on Windows 10
Follow these procedures to use a Windows 10 restoration method:
- Enter “Reset this PC” in the search box on your desktop (the lower-left corner of your desktop screen).
- Select “Reset this PC.”
- Alternatively, navigate Settings, go to Update & Security, and then Recovery to view the option.
- When the Recovery box appears, select “Get Started.”
- The process of resetting of Dell laptop on Windows 10 will begin.
- You can also save your data by selecting “Keep my Files” during the reset procedure.
- However, if you have a backup, it is recommended that you pick “Remove Everything” to wipe the drive completely. You may have two options for running the restore depending on your Windows 10 version.
- You can choose a “Cloud Download” if you’re connected to the internet. The cloud solution is ideal if your drive’s local recovery partition is corrupted. Alternatively, you can choose “Local Reinstall.” This option will only work if the local recovery partition is not corrupted.
- Select “Clear Data” to wipe your storage in the future. If you plan to sell a used laptop, don’t skip this step since you don’t want anyone to have access to your files.
Finally, to complete the reset, follow the on-screen instructions.
Factory Reset Dell Laptop on Windows 8
If your Dell laptop is running Windows 8, you can still reset it. Follow the instructions below, which are quite like those for Windows 10:
- Select Update & Security from the Settings menu after clicking the Start button.
- Under the “Reset this PC” option, click the “Get Started” button to begin the procedure.
- However, if your laptop has a password that you no longer recall, there is another approach to recover the system. Restart your computer while holding down the Shift key from the Welcome screen. This simple combination gives you access to complex boot menu options. Choose “Troubleshoot” and then “Reset this PC when the menu appears.” You will wipe all data here.
Factory Reset Dell Laptop on Windows 7
As mentioned previously, you should make a backup of your essential data on your laptop in the manner described previously.
- Connect the keyboard, monitor, and mouse. Remove the room’s printer, cell phone, tablet, USB flash drive, scanner, modem, and network wires. The Dell logo displays on the screen.
- Immediately press F8 five times. It will open the option for ‘Advanced Boot Options.’ If this is the case, it will not wait for the Windows login screen. Turn off the computer. Restart the computer. Repeat
- Go to the ‘Repair Your Computer’ menu by pressing the down arrow key. After that, press ‘Enter.’ The “Systems Recovery Options” screen will appear.
- Then, choose a language and a keyboard input method. Select ‘Next.’
- Administrator Login appears next. If you remember the password, type it in. If you don’t know your password, type it in to erase or reset it. Continue by clicking ‘Ok.’
- Select ‘Dell Factory Image Restore,’ then ‘Next,’ then ‘OK.’ The ‘Dell Factory Image Restore’ dialog box will appear. Note that ‘Dell Data Safe Restore and Emergency Backup’ may show on some motherboards. Tap on ‘Restart’ in the bottom right.
- A window titled “Confirm Data Deletion” will display. Before ‘Yes, Reformat Hard Drive and Restore System Software to Factory Condition,’ choose the checkbox and then ‘Next.’ – When the restoration is complete, the word ‘Success’ will appear. Select ‘Finish.’ Your Dell laptop will restart automatically.
Here is how to reset a Dell laptop on different operating systems. Resetting a Dell laptop necessitates knowledge. Yet, the above step-by-step guide will enable you to complete it independently. It’s quick and easy to follow the steps outlined in the above guide.
You May Also like to Read
- How to access the FTP server from the browser
- best laptop for software developer
- Best student laptops for Studying
The most straightforward technique to remove viruses and unwanted apps is to reset a Dell laptop to factory settings. But before proceeding with the reset, make a backup of your files, documents, and programs; otherwise, you risk losing them. Furthermore, there are other ways to execute a Dell reset, so you can always try another if one approach fails. Please follow the instructions carefully to avoid booting your laptop or completely deleting the operating system.