How To Disable Reels On Facebook?
Facebook is one of the oldest and biggest online social media platforms for sharing thoughts with each other. How to disable reels on Facebook? First, you should understand what are the reels. Basically less than 30-second videos we call reels and you can watch them through scrolling. As we all know that lots of countries banned one of the famous reel apps Tik Tok due to security reasons but everyone knows the popularity of reels among users and this is the reason why other social media apps like youtube, Facebook, and Instagram are giving reels features in their apps. If you are a Facebook user and trying to download videos through Facebook then you should know how to download Facebook videos on different devices.
Apart from the reels lover, few users don’t want to watch the reels on their app and they are looking to disable it on Facebook. There are lots of reasons for disabling the reels like it’s consuming too much data and battery and receiving unwanted notifications & content. Today in this article we will learn about how to disable reels on Facebook.
How to disable reels on Facebook androids?
Officially there is no direct option available to disable reels on Facebook. If you want to do it then you can use any 3rd party application, open Facebook on your browser, and use the old version of Facebook:-
1. Use 3rd party application
You can disable reels on Facebook through numerous available 3rd party apps. While installing the 3rd party app it will remove and add some new features which are not the available Facebook app. We have found one 3rd party application for our audience which is totally safe and secure. The name of the app is SlimSocial and to access this app follow these easy steps:-
- First, you need to search SlimSocial under the search bar of the google play store.
- Once the successful download is done, Click install and be ready to access it.
- Still, we will inform you that 3rd party applications can harm the personal data of your phone, so be aware of it.
2. Open or Login Facebook on the browser
Right now reels are available on the Facebook app for Android and iOS only. Users can use any browser to use Facebook without thinking about reels. Facebook does not allow users to disable reels on Facebook directly. If you use this option then you don’t need to install any 3rd party application and also don’t need to worry about your mobile data leakage. To use Facebook on the browser you don’t need to follow many steps just follow below mention easy steps:-
- First, open any browser and visit the Facebook login page.
- Enter your user id and password.
- Click login and be ready to access your Facebook account.
3. Access your Facebook on its old version
As we all know old version of the Facebook app does not contain reels features. If you want to connect with people on Facebook but don’t want to watch reels, then using the old version is the easiest way for it. If you go with this option then you will be not able to use updated features on the new version of Facebook. To access your Facebook on its old version you don’t need to do many things just follow these easy steps:-
- First, uninstall the new version of Facebook.
- Download the old version of Facebook
- Once it is downloaded install and open it by entering your Facebook credential.
- Click login and access your Facebook and don’t need to disable or remove reels on Facebook.
How to disable reels on Facebook on iPhone?
If you are looking to disable reels on Facebook on your iPhone then there is no option available for it because Facebook does not allow you to directly disable or remove reels on Facebook but you can go with the alternative option of Friendly Social Browser for hiding reels and stories that appear in the news feeds. To hide reels and stories ib facebook just need to follow the below mention easy steps:-
- First, download the Friendly Social Browser from the Application browser.
- Enter your Facebook user id and password.
- Then click the Gear icon that appears in the Setting.
- In the last, you need to select Hide Stories and successfully you have hide reels on Facebook.
How to stop Auto-Playing reels on Facebook?
If you are irradiated with auto-playing reels on Facebook and want to disable it then few easy steps you need to follow:-
- First, open your Facebook and click on the menu bar.
- Scroll down and click Settings and Privacy.
- Now you need to tab on Profile Settings.
- Find out the media and Contacts and click on them.
- Click on the Auto Play option.
- In the last, you need to select Never Autoplay Videos, and successfully you stopped the Auto-Playing reels on Facebook.
How to remove or delete your own created reels on Facebook?
If you are a reels maker and want to remove or delete your own reels because of any reason then you need to below mention easy steps:-
- First, log in with your user id and password on Facebook.
- Tab your profile image and then click on Settings.
- Now you need to click the Privacy option and select the reels.
- Disable Toggle for Recommendations on Facebook and Finally, you disable reels on Facebook which are created by yourself.
Facebook does not allow or give the options used to disable reels on Facebook directly but we understand your query and proved the best solution in this article. In place of disabling or removing reels on Facebook users can go with the alternative above mention options. We all know that as of now reels are available on the Facebook app for Android and iOS only. If you are an android user then you can go with the alternative but if you are an iOS user then you need to hide the reels and stories through above mention application.