How to Connect Airpods to Mac
In case you are looking for some ways to connect your AirPods to your MacBook, there are a few things to consider while trying to do so.
In this article, we will understand these scenarios and see what you should do when stuck with the process.
Let us take a look –
How to connect AirPods to Mac if already connected to iPhone?
There are situations when you might want or need to connect AirPods to mac but you have already used them on your iPhone or any other iOS device. Well, if that is the case with you, you need to know that AirPods are inherently built to connect to your MacBook automatically if the latter has the same Apple ID as any other of your iOS devices. If this is the situation with you and you keep wondering how to connect AirPods to Mac, you can consider performing the following actions.
- The first thing you need to do here is open your AirPods by removing the upper lid.
- Log into your MacBook, and search for the volume icon. You can find the icon in the menu bar present on the top of your screen. If you find difficulty in identifying the icon, you can search around a speaker like an icon appearing on the screen. That would be it.
- Once you have entered the menu bar, navigate through to all the options in it, search for the output device section where you can get the list of connected devices when you try to connect AirPods to Mac in the next step.
- Sign in to your MacBook using the same Apple id as your iPhone. Navigate to the system preferences section and select general settings to allow connection between the two devices. However, you may also need to turn the volume icon on if you do not see it in the menu bar. Once this is done, you will be able to see the two devices connected.
What if I want to connect AirPods to my Mac but I don’t use them on an iPhone?
Let’s talk about the second possible scenario here. If you want to connect your AirPods to a MacBook, you might be concerned if they are already connected to your iPhone or not. In such cases when you wonder how to connect AirPods to Mac, you can directly connect them to your network even if your AirPods are not already connected to your iPhone. Moreover, you also need to take care of the following things while trying to connect the two devices –
- As and when you try to connect AirPods to mac, make sure to handle the AirPods carefully. When you open the AirPods, make sure you do not remove them immediately after opening the lid in their charging case. If you do so, it may damage the build quality of your AirPods.
- Once you have accessed your AirPods, press and hold the button present on the back of the case. Continue to hold the button present on the back of the case until the status light of your airport starts to flash. You can release the button after you see the status light flashing.
- After confirming the active status light of your AirPods, you can switch to your MacBook and take an overview of the settings. The next step when you try to connect AirPods to mac requires you to go carefully through the settings of your MacBook so that you can have a better idea of the system preferences.
- Open your Mac, click on the Apple menu and navigate to the system preferences section. Once you have entered the system preferences section, you will see a list of devices appearing on your screen where you will find all the devices connected to your MacBook.
- The next step to connect AirPods to mac is to go through the list of devices in the preferences section and select the pair of AirPods you would like to pair with the MacBook. At this point, it is important to note that if your AirPods are not active, you will not see their name in the paired devices section in system preferences. So, always make sure to double-check their activity status on the device. Once you find the name of your device in the list, click on the option and select “Connect” from the given list.
- After you have ensured that the connection between your airpods and MacBook is completed, you will see that the airpods are appearing at the top of the list where you can also see other devices. Once you spot your airpods, you can try to connect airpods to Mac by establishing the connection between two devices. It is that easy!!
Note – There may be cases where you may find it troublesome to establish the connection between the two devices. You may cross-check everything but still, wonder why can’t I connect airpods to MacBook?? Well, if you think you can face this situation, you can consider the following things.
- Firstly, you need to make sure that your MacBook is completely up to date with all the required updates in the system. There are situations when the encryption does not take place because one of the other devices does not have the latest updates installed on it. So, the next time you try to connect airpods to Mac, make sure that your MacBook has all the latest updates installed on it.
- The next thing you need to take care of is the version of updates to be installed on your MacBook. You would need macOS Sierra or any other updates to install and connect the first generation airpods respectively.
- In case you are still not able to connect airpods to mac, you can try removing them from the list and pairing them with your MacBook again. To do this, you need to find the airpods among the Bluetooth devices connected to your MacBook and then refresh it. Try connecting your airpods again after repeating this process.
While the process of connecting your airpods to mac is quite simple, you may still face some issues in the meantime. If that happens, you can go through this guide. Hopefully, it will help you through the process!