Solutions To Common Laptop Problems
A non-working laptop is such a nuisance. All your work stops when any common laptop problems occur. While most major laptop issues require professional expertise, many common issues can be fixed at home.
Since we all know how inconvenient it is to have laptop problems, this guide will highlight a few solutions to solve laptop problems.
The usual problems that laptops and computers face are mostly hardware related. Regardless of your maintenance procedures, some issues cannot be entirely prevented. That is why common quick fixes are enough to fix them.
Having said that, below are some common laptop issues and relevant solutions to solve them. Otherwise, you can also visit our website for laptop repair.
Problem 1: Laptop overheating issue.
When a laptop overheats, the overall performance of the laptop goes down. The system may freeze or crash. There are many reasons why a laptop overheats.
When you do not fully shut down the laptop, the system overheats. Small and thin laptops with insufficient air vents or ports have higher chances of overheating. Using a laptop on your lap also leads to overheating. If the air vents and ports of the laptop are clogged with dust particles, the passage for excellent airflow is blocked, resulting in overheating.
Unless some internal wirings or something causes the overheating, you can significantly minimize or prevent the overheating issue.
● Make sure to clean the laptop’s air vents and ports regularly using a soft brush or a smooth cloth. You can also use a keyboard cleaner or laptop cleaning kits for better efficiency.
● Place a filtered cloth to cover the inhalation vents to prevent future dust clogging. Use keyboard covers to protect the gaps from accumulating dust or liquid drops. ● Updating the BIOS system also works as it controls the laptop’s hardware components. Specific BIOS files help with the device’s heat management.
Problem 2: Laptop not turning on.
Regardless of the laptop brand and its powerful processors, a laptop not turning on is a common issue every user faces. The problem could be anything; however, the most significant cause of the software ranges from malware to power failure. If the issue is not resolved soon, you might lose important files and other programs from the device.
Anyway, there are a few viable tricks to resolve the issue of your laptop not booting.
● Insufficient battery power to the system is one reason for laptops not turning on. So, ensure that the device is securely plugged into the charger. If the power supply is not quite enough, the charger may be faulty. Replacing the charger may be a better idea in that case.
● Suppose the power indicator of the charger is working fine, but the laptop is getting enough power supply. In that case, the PC itself might have failed.
● If the power lights or fan of the laptop are running, but nothing else is happening, try restarting the computer again a few times.
● External hardware failures often hamper the laptop from powering up. So, if anything is connected to the device externally, you should remove them.
● If none of these tricks is turning on the laptop, you might as well try to reinstall Windows. If this works, it would mean that software is the issue, not the hardware components. Uninstall and reinstall processes tend to work as they eliminate all the potential and existing corrupted files.
Problem 3: The laptop shows a blank screen.
Laptops and computers encounter numerous kinds of errors and laptop problems. But, one such irritating laptop issue where you can do nothing is when the screen is blank. The laptops don’t light up nor make any sound; there is nothing that you do to start fixing the issue. A blank screen is useless and seriously problematic even if the system is running. If the device’s processor or motherboard is the reason, that would require professional help.
● Firstly, turn off your laptop and unplug all the cables and external peripherals. If the laptop’s battery is removable, try removing that and inserting it again. If not, entirely shut down the device for some time before connecting the cables and rebooting it. Hopefully, that would work.
● The laptop might face a potential memory failure if that does not work. In that case, replace the memory modules with new ones.
● If the screen is still blank, you can attempt to remove other hardware components like the modem, keyboard, and hard drive to identify the underlying cause.
Problem 4: Laptop performing relatively slower than usual.
Isn’t it just annoying when it takes longer than usual for an app to launch? While some programs open up fast, some take up longer than expected. The root cause here potentially is the operating system. Older laptops and computers face this problem more often. Every laptop and computer has some autostart programs. They slow down the system’s performance.
● Suppose your laptop has many programs and apps that actively run in the background. In that case, that might slow the functioning of other essential apps. So, go to the Task Manager and Force Stop or End Task of such programs.
● Frequent use of some apps and programs makes space for adware and malware. To prevent and eliminate those, use reliable anti-virus software.
Problem 5: Slow internet connection.
Whatever you do on your laptop or computer, a strong internet connection is a must. Streaming platforms like Netflix require high network connectivity for the video to run at total efficiency. Heavy work also needs a quality network, so the program does not hang in between. Any issue related to the hp laptop you visit hp laptop repair Dubai. If you have a dell laptop and it is not working properly and looking to reset it then you can read how to factory reset a dell laptop.
Internet connectivity laptop problems are easy to fix. The problematic areas are external elements like the Internet Service Provider or the system’s internal issues.
● Overuse of the internet often cause power fluctuations with the modem. Restarting them would work in most cases.
● If the router is working fine yet the internet connection is unstable and weak, it could be due to low latency. Fixing the WiFi signals and repositioning will do. ● Unnecessary program updates in the background slow down the internet when needed. If a program or app is on your device, find the Task Manager and turn them off.
● Contact your Internet Service Provider if you cannot resolve the router or its internet connectivity issues.
Problem 6: Hard Drive is making a loud noise.
If your laptop runs on SSD, these common laptop problems might not be your concern. However, older laptops that run on hard disk drives often make loud noises signifying some internal issues to the device. Hard drives are primarily silent and do not make unwanted loud clicking sounds. But if you occasionally hear them like squealing, grinding, or vibrations, that could be a hard drive failure.
Before applying the solutions, back up your laptop’s essential files and data first.
● Firstly, check and confirm that the noise is from the hard drive. For that, simply reboot the system. The issue is hard drive failure if the sound is still after rebooting. ● Run the hardware diagnostic software to verify the source of the loud noise coming from the hard drive. These are available on most computers and laptops for free. You need an internet connection to run it.
● If the diagnostic program test fails, you will know that the drive’s hardware is the issue’s root. So, replacing the hard drive is the best solution here.
After troubleshooting the common laptop issues, if you are still facing similar laptop problems, it is high time for you to take the laptop or computer to professionals for repair. Fixing these common problems as soon as possible is essential. It can be very annoying if you cannot use your laptop to do meaningful work when needed.