Quicks Tricks How To Clear Storage on iPhone
Now in this content, you will learn about How to Clear Storage on iPhone. I hope everyone knows about the storage. Every mobile phone has a storage device, but different mobile phones have different ways of cleaning the storage device. Apple has taken a significant step forward with iPhone cameras, providing high-quality photos that rival professional standards to all users. However, this advancement comes with a trade-off, and that is storage capacity. High-resolution media files occupy a substantial amount of space, and while it is possible to store them in iCloud, there are limitations to the storage available.
In this Content, I have shared some tips to help you How to Clear Storage on iPhone and to make your device completely clutter-free.
Why is My iPhone Storage full?
Your iPhone might be filled with unnecessary items that occupy valuable space. It’s crucial to identify and manage these items to free up storage. Here’s a guide on How to Clear Storage on iPhone.
Go to Settings> General> iPhone Storage.
- At the top, you will see a color-coded bar showing how much you have left, how much is taken up, and what’s taking it up. The biggest categories are usually photos and Apps, but that depends on your usage.
- Below there is a list of your apps sorted by how much space they take. You can tap each app to see how much that space is the app itself, and how much of it is the app’s Documents and data.
Depending on your iPhone usage, you may find that your photo app is filled with a large number of photos and videos, or that games and social media apps are consuming a significant amount of storage. Below, you’ll find five simple steps to clear storage on your iPhone, regardless of how you use it.
How to Clear Storage on iPhone?
“How to Clear Storage on iPhone”, Your iPhone contains a lot of unnecessary clutter, and that’s a positive thing. It means you can free up a significant amount of space without deleting the items you want to keep. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to clear storage on your iPhone.
Step -1. Clean up your photo library
If you have to check iPhone storage as we suggested above, you already know who the main space hogger is ( looking at you, Photos). Of course, wiping your whole photo library clean is not an option, but there is probably stuff you can get rid of:
- Duplicate photos, like those you downloaded twice
- Similar Shots (like the five selfies you took so you can pick a good one)
- Photos of Whiteboaeds, notes, checks, and things like that
- Screenshots you don’t need anymore
- Large videos you don’t like
You have the option to manually review and remove these photos and videos from your library, but a faster and more convenient alternative is to use an iPhone app like Gemini Photos.
Here is How to Clear Storage on iPhone with it:
- You have to Download Gemini Photos and launch it. It will automatically start scanning your library.
- Then Go to Note, Blurred, and Screenshots. This is where you will see screenshots, photos of text, and other useless stuff. All photos will be pre-selected, but you can deselect the ones you still need.
- Tap Delete All.
Gemini Photos also assists in organizing similar photos by grouping sets of similar photos and pre-selecting them, with the best photo in each set retained. You can review a set, choose other photos if necessary, and then tap “Move to Trash” to delete the selected photos. Additionally, remember to review duplicates, videos, and other items to organize the remainder of your photo library.
Step -2: Clear Browser cache
“How to Clear Storage on iPhone”, If you frequently use your iPhone to browse the web using Safari or Chrome, it’s important to note that your phone may be storing caches and other unnecessary data. You may be surprised at how much storage space you can free up simply by clearing your browser cache.
Here’s how to clear Safari cache:
- You have to Go to Settings.
- Then you have to find Safari.
- Choose the option of Clear History and Website Data.
If you use Chrome, Follow the steps to clear its cache:
- You have to open Google Chrome on your iPhone.
- Then Tap the options of Settings
- Scroll down and tap Privacy and Security.
- Tap on Clear browsing Data.
Now Select which data you want to clear and tap to Clear Browsing Data.
Step -3: Clear App Cache and other app data
Unlike web browsers, most apps do not provide access to their cache and other stored data, including login information. When you tap on each app at the top of the list in iPhone Storage, you’ll notice that they have several gigabytes of so-called “Documents and Data.” Here’s how you can clear that app data to free up more iPhone storage:
- Before you begin, ensure that you have your logins for various apps memorized or saved somewhere.
- Navigate to Settings > General > iPhone Storage, then select an app from the top of the list. This is typically a social media app such as Facebook or Snapchat, a messaging app, or a content app like YouTube or Spotify.
- Then Tap to Delete App.
- Now go to the App Store and reinstall the App.
Step -4: Delete Attachments in Messages
Texting is not just about tests, right? You are sending and receiving memes, GIFs, selfies, little videos, etc. Here is how to delete all your Attachments in Messages to clear Some iPhone memory:
- Go to Settings> General > iPhone Storage.
- Then Scroll down and tap Messages.
- You will see a list of Top Conservations, Photos, GIFs Stickers, and Others. Tap on the category that occupies the most space. Keep in mind that in Top Conservations, you will be deleting entire threads, not just the attachments. If you do not want to do that, stick to Photos and other content.
- Tap Edit in the upper-right corner.
- Mark all attachments you want to delete.
- Tap the Trash icon.
Step -5: Delete Offline Content
You Probably consume a lot of Content every day – music, videos, podcasts, etc. Apps like YouTube, Netflix, and Spotify can take up several gigabytes of iPhone storage each.
Let’s Start with Netflix. Here is how to delete Netflix movies and series you saved onto your iPhone:
- Open the Netflix App.
- Go to Downloads.
- Tap on the pencil icon in the top right corner.
- Tap on the red X to delete the video.
Next up, Youtube. To delete offline YouTube videos, follow these steps:
- Open the YouTube app.
- Go to Library> Downloads.
- Then Tap the three dots next to download the video.
- Tap “Delete from Downloads
- Repeat for each video.
Finally, delete podcasts on Spotify.
- Open Spotify.
- Go to your Library> Music> Playlists.
- The Playlists you downloaded will be marked with a green arrow. Tap on a playlist like that.
- Tap on the green arrow icon below the name of the playlist.
- When a confirmation popup appears, tap Remove.
- Repeat for podcasts, if you have any saved offline.
Step -6: Follow Apple’s recommendations
If you use your iPhone to take Photos and videos, your storage can get cluttered in no time. Apple recognizes the problem and suggests some quick actions that may help you optimize your iPhone storage. To access Apple’s recommendations. You have to go to Settings> General. Here, tap on iPhone Storage and let it calculate your data. Here are some of the recommendations you may find there “How to Clear Storage on iPhone”.
- Opimise Photos
- Offload Unused Apps
- Auto Delete Old Conservation
We hope found our Troubleshooting guide helpful in tackling that annoying “ Storage Almost Full” message. Enjoy taking new photos and never have to worry about the lack of iPhone storage again. In this, you get all the knowledge of How to Clear Storage on iPhone. All the steps are given which will help you.